Evelyn "Champagne" King - Smooth Talk album flac
Title: Smooth Talk
MP3 album: 1112 mb
FLAC album: 1453 mb
Other formats: ASF VOX MPC DMF MIDI FLAC AA
Genre: Funk and Soul
Album · 1977 · 12 Songs. More By Evelyn "Champagne" King. See All. Everybody (feat. Evelyn Champagne King).
2. I Don't Know If It's Right. 3. Till I Come Off The Road. Evelyn "Champagne" King. Smooth Talk (LP, Album).
Wonderfully smooth soul from Evelyn Champagne King, one of her real standouts from the early days, and a tremendous collaboration with producer/arranger T Life! The sound here is upbeat and catchy, but never too poppy, done with a slight hint of that groove that King would hit more famously in the 80s, but served up here with a deeper sense of warmth, and a slightly more laidback feel. King is classy without being cloying – just like a sip of the right sort of champagne – and T Life’s backings often have a slight undercurrent of funk. Smooth Talk made R&B and Pop as well as achieving gold certification and spending a year on the album charts.
1977 studio album by Evelyn "Champagne" King. Standard artwork; the late-1970s . reissues and early Japanese vinyl release used a different artwork. The album was released in 1977 and peaked at number fourteen on the Billboard 200 and number eight on the Soul Albums chart. In Billboard's year-end charts of 1978, it was positioned at number seventy-six on the year-end top 100 Pop Albums and number thirty-one on the year-end top 50 Soul Albums. It. was also positioned at number twenty-five on the year-end top 50 Soul Albums of 1979 The album was digitally remastered and reissued on CD with bonus tracks in 2010 by Big Break Records.
Evelyn "Champagne" King (born July 1, 1960) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. She is best known for her hit disco single "Shame", which was released in 1977 during the height of disco's popularity. King had other hits from the early through the mid–1980s including; "I'm in Love" (1981) and "Love Come Down" (1982). King was born in The Bronx, New York, and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is one of eight children.
But on the whole, Smooth Talk proves itself a fun, satisfying listen for the body - if not a genius piece of soul. 1 Smooth Talk Evelyn "Champagne" King 5:29. 2 I Don't Know If It's Right Evelyn "Champagne" King 4:18. 3 'Till I Come Off the Road Evelyn "Champagne" King 2:42. 4 Dancin', Dancin', Dancin' Evelyn "Champagne" King 4:12. 5 Shame Evelyn "Champagne" King 4:39. 6 Nobody Knows Evelyn "Champagne" King 4:33.
Evelyn "Champagne" King - The Show Is Over (1977). Evelyn Champagne King - Stop That (1982). Evelyn Champagne King - I'm In Love (RCA Records 1981). Evelyn "Champagne" King - No Time For Fooling Around. Evelyn "Champagne" King - Hold On To What You've Got. Extract Chords.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Smooth Talk (1977) by Evelyn Champagne King. This album has an average beat per minute of 130 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 112/177 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Smooth Talk. til I Come Off the Road.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Horns] – Arnold Coley*Written-By – M. Holden*, T. Life*, W. Kimes*
|A2||I Don't Know If It's Right
Arranged By [Horns] – Morris BaileyWritten-By – H. Fitch*, T. Life*
|A3||Til I Come Off The Road
Arranged By [Horns] – Arnold Coley*Written-By – J. H. Fitch*, M. Holden*, T. Life*
|A4||Dancin', Dancin', Dancin'
Arranged By [Horns] – Morris BaileyWritten-By – Teddy Pendergrass, T. Life*
Arranged By [Horns] – Sam Peaks*Written-By – J. H. Fitch*, R. Cross*
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – J. H. Fitch*, R. Cross*, T. Life*
|B3||We're Going To A Party
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – A. Gravatt*, J. Freeman*, T. Life*
|B4||The Show Is Over
Arranged By [Horns] – Leon MitchellWritten-By – D. Wansel*, T. Life*
- Record Company – RCA, S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Records
- Pressed By – Discos CBS, S.A., Madrid
- Printed By – Offset ALG, S.A.
- Recorded At – RCA Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Alpha International Studios
- Published By – Dunbar Music, Inc.
- Published By – Mills & Mills Music
- Published By – Spi Con Music
- Distributed By – RCA, S.A.
- Backing Vocals – A. Sutton*, B. Ingram*, B. Sigler*, C. Benson*, E. Benton*, J. Freeman*, L. Groves*, M. Roberts , M. Farrow*
- Backing Vocals, Guitar, Producer, Arranged By – T. Life*
- Bass – Raymond Earl
- Congas – Lee Fuller*, Johnny McCants, Larry Strickland
- Coordinator [Production] – Lauren Klumpp, Nancy Jeffries
- Drums – Scott Miller*
- Electric Piano – Dexter Wansel
- Electric Piano, Organ, Clavinet – Sam Peaks*
- Engineer – Boris Midney
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bruce Weedon*
- Executive-Producer – Warren R. Schatz*
- Guitar – J.H. Fitch*, Kim Miller, Ronnie James
- Horns – Don Renaldo And His Swinging Horns*
- Keyboards – Dennis Richardson, Jerald Hill
- Mastered By – Jack Adelman
- Mixed By, Engineer – Joaquin J. Lopes
- Organ – Jimmy Sigler*
- Percussion – Johnny McCants
Notes(P) 1977 RCA Records
Pressed In Spain By Discos CBS S.A.
Imp. Lujo A Met. Permiso Num. 3724
Product Of RCA, S.A. Spain
Trade Mark(s) Used By Authority Of
Made Of Master Recording Of RCA Records
*INSTANT FUNK and Dexter Wansel
appear courtesy of Philadelphia International Records
Jewelry courtesy of Larry Phillips
Special thanks to Nancy Jeffries for her faith and
spiritual guidance, to Warren Schatz for his faith and
perceptive insight, and to RCA Records for their
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): PL-12466-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): PL-12466-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): PL-12466-Ao
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): PL-12466-Bo
- Other (Depósito Legal): M. 26261-1978
- Rights Society: S.G.A.E.
|APL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||APL1-2466||US||1977|
|APL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album, RP)||RCA Victor||APL1-2466||US||1977|
|APS1-2466||Evelyn King||Smooth Talk (8-Trk)||RCA||APS1-2466||US||1977|
|AFL1-2466||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||AFL1-2466||USA & Canada||1977|
|RVP-6319||Evelyn "Champagne" King*||Smooth Talk (LP, Album)||RCA||RVP-6319||Japan||1978|