Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw & The Cooked album flac
Title: The Raw & The Cooked
Style: Downtempo, Synth-pop
MP3 album: 1577 mb
FLAC album: 1266 mb
Other formats: MIDI AA VOC MP1 MPC AHX AC3
Fine Young Cannibals were a British rock music band formed in Birmingham, England, in 1984, by bassist David Steele, guitarist Andy Cox (both formerly of The Beat), and singer Roland Gift (formerly of the Akrylykz). Their self-titled 1985 debut album contained "Johnny Come Home" and a cover of "Suspicious Minds", two songs that were top 40 hits in the UK, Canada, Australia and many European countries
Fine Young Cannibals is the debut album released in 1985 by the band of the same name. The album features the UK debut hit single "Johnny Come Home". This success did not continue with the next single, "Blue", which languished at in the UK. The version of "Blue" on the original .
One of the most exciting albums released during a decade of artifice and extravagance, in a mere ten songs and 35 minutes the Fine Young Cannibals created a masterpiece. Admittedly the trio had some help - backing singers, guest musicians (including former Squeeze piano man Jools Holland and Talking Head's Jerry Harrison) - but that doesn't take away the band's own accomplishment. Remaining true to the FYC's vision of tying past and present musical styles together into artful new pop packages, The Raw & the Cooked features a shopping list of genres.
With The Raw & the Cooked, the Fine Young Cannibals broke into the mainstream with their particular soul-injected sound. They were seemingly infatuated with late-'50s and early-'60s Motown, and the musical influences on this album range from boogie ("Good Thing," on which Squeeze keyboardist Jools Holland goes to town with a foot-stompin' piano solo) to poodle-skirted slow dance ("As Hard As It Is," "Tell Me What"), then stretch as far as Prince-like funk ("Don't. Let It Get You Down")
The Raw & The Cooked Tracklist. 1. She Drives Me Crazy Lyrics. 10K. 2. Good Thing Lyrics. 3. I'm Not the Man I Used To Be Lyrics. The title comes from a book of the same name ( Le Cru et le Cuit in French) by Claude Lévi-Strauss. The Raw & The Cooked Q&A. Producers Andy Cox, David Steele, David Z. & 3 more. Writers David Steele & Roland Gift. More Fine Young Cannibals albums.
The Raw & the Cooked. Pop Rock Fine Young Cannibals. Band's List Pop Rock Fine Young Cannibals The Raw & the Cooked. Members owning this album5. She Drives Me Crazy. I'm Not the Man I Used to Be. 4. I'm Not Satisfied.
Fine Young Cannibals. If we’re talking meals, this second album is about as tasty as the first, though there are three songs in a row at about the midway point that never should’ve made the cut. I also question the sequencing, which begins and ends the set on random notes of romance. As Hard As It Is, a heartbreak ballad that conjures 1950s soul, is a delicacy though. It’s one of a few songs peaked-out by the ingenious, albeit gay, ad-libs of singer Roland Gift.
Album The Raw & The Cooked (1988). by Fine Young Cannibals. Label London Records. Andy Cox, David Steele, Roland Gift, Pete Shelley. Andy Cox, David Steele, David . Fine Young Cannibals, Jerry Harrison, Roland Gift. Mastered By. Arun Chakraverty.
|A1||She Drives Me Crazy|
|A3||I'm Not The Man I Used To Be|
|A4||I'm Not Satisfied|
|A5||Tell Me What|
|B1||Don't Look Back|
|B2||It's Ok (It's Alright)|
|B3||Don't Let It Get You Down|
|B4||As Hard As It Is|
|B5||Ever Fallen In Love|
- Record Company – Δίσκοι Πόλυγκραμ Α.Ε.
- Manufactured By – G.P.I. S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram
- Copyright (c) – FFRR Records Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Published By – Campbell Connelly
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – FFRR Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Touchstone Pictures
- Backing Vocals – George Chandler (tracks: A2, A5, B2), Jimmy Chambers (tracks: A2, A5, B2), Jimmy Helms (tracks: A2 A5, B2), Simon Fowler (tracks: B1)
- Co-producer – Fine Young Cannibals (tracks: A1, A4, B3)
- Co-producer, Engineer – David Z. (tracks: A1, A4, B2)
- Design – Keith Breeden, Martin Jenkins
- Drums – Martin Parry (tracks: A5)
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Jenny Jones (tracks: B4)
- Engineer – Dave Anderson (tracks: B2), John Potoker (tracks: B5), Richard Manwaring (tracks: A3), Robin Goodfellow (tracks: B1)
- Engineer [Additional] – John Potoker (tracks: B4)
- Engineer [Executive] – Karl Broadie
- Engineer [Production] – Mike Pela (tracks: A2, A5, B4)
- Film Director [Something Wild] – Jonathan Demme
- Film Director [Tin Men] – Barry Levinson
- Film Producer [Tin Men] – Mark Johnson
- Guitar, Human Beatbox, Tambourine – Andy Cox
- Keyboards, Bass, Drum Machine – David Steele
- Management [UK] – John Mostyn
- Management [US] – Tony Meilandt
- Mastered By [LP] – Arun Chakraverty
- Mixed By – David Z. (tracks: B2)
- Painting [Paintbox] – Richard Baker
- Photography – Ellen Von Unwerth, Mike Owen
- Piano [Solo] – Jools Holland (tracks: A2)
- Producer – Andy Cox (tracks: A2, A3, A5 to B4), David Steele (tracks: A2, A3, A5 to B4), David Z. (tracks: A1, A4), Fine Young Cannibals (tracks: A1, A4, B5), Roland Gift (tracks: A2, A3, A5 to B4)
- Producer, Co-producer – Jerry Harrison (tracks: B5)
- Remix – Bruce Lampcov (tracks: B1), Dave Anderson (tracks: B4), Fine Young Cannibals (tracks: B4)
- Remix, Engineer [Additional] – Julian Mendelsohn (tracks: A2, A5)
- Saxophone – Bridget Enever (tracks: B4)
- Strings – Gavin Wright* (tracks: B4)
- Trumpet – Graeme Hamilton (tracks: B3, B4)
- Vocals – Roland Gift
- Written-By – David Steele (tracks: A1 to B4), P. Shelley* (tracks: B5), Roland Gift (tracks: A1 to B4)
NotesStudios: Sarm West Studios, Power Plant Studios, Parsifal Studio, Paisley Park Studios, Music Station, Air Studios.
(P): 1988 FFRR RECORDS LTD. (A1 to A5, B2), 1987 TOUCHSTONE PICTURES (B1, B4, B5), 1987 FFRR RECORDS LTD (B3)
(P) 1989 Polygram
Made In Greece.
Includes printed inner-sleeve with credits and photos.
First Category on cover, 2nd on labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 42282 80691 8
- Label Code: LC 0270
- Matrix / Runout (Side One, stamped): LON828069A2N MT410 2924
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two, stamped): LON828069B2N MT410 2924
- Distribution Code: BA 281
|828 069. 1||Fine Young Cannibals||The Raw & The Cooked (LP, Album)||London Records||828 069. 1||UK||1988|
|STARL5539||Fine Young Cannibals||The Raw & The Cooked (LP, Album)||London Records||STARL5539||South Africa||1989|
|CALON 9438, 828 069.4||Fine Young Cannibals||The Raw & The Cooked (Cass, Album)||Jugoton, London Records||CALON 9438, 828 069.4||Yugoslavia||1989|
|IRS-6273||Fine Young Cannibals||The Raw & The Cooked (LP, Album)||I.R.S. Records, MCA Records||IRS-6273||Canada||1989|
|828 183.2||Fine Young Cannibals||The Raw & The Cooked (Limited Edition CD) (CD, Album, Ltd)||London Records||828 183.2||UK||1989|