The Waxwings - Shadows Of album flac
Title: Shadows Of
Style: Indie Rock
MP3 album: 1740 mb
FLAC album: 1620 mb
Other formats: ADX TTA AU VOC VQF ASF APE
Their second album, Shadows of the Waxwings, however, achieves admittedly mixed results, at best. It's evident the Waxwings wanted a heavier, darker sound this time out, and even though several tracks are embellished with cello, violin, and horns, most of Shadows fails due to a murky, muddled production and mix, not to mention an uninspired track sequencing. Bobsled honcho Bob Salerno reportedly spent as much as 200,000 dollars to produce the album, though perhaps he could have given it another mix-down before letting Shadows take wing.
Dean Fertita James Edmunds Kevin Peyok Dominic Romano. The Waxwings "Clouded Over". First single from the album "Shadows Of". youtube. 2 May 2015 ·. Jim :-) The Waxwings. 19 April 2015 ·. Schnitzel Records updated their cover photo.
- Greg Kot, Rolling Stone Magazine, (2000). Low to the Ground was featured in Magnet Magazine's Top 20 albums of 2000-2001 . in 2002, Bob Salerno sent the band an expletive-filled letter ridiculing them for what he considered a poor performance at their CD release party. The letter gained notoriety after being posted on the internet entertainment forum the Velvet Rope.
The Waxwings were an American rock band, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan. The band's lineup comprised Dean Fertita on vocals and guitar, James Edmunds on drums and percussion, and Kevin Peyok on bass guitar. Members: Dean Fertita, Dominic Romano, James Edmunds (2), Kevin Peyok.
In 1997 Fertita formed the power pop band The Waxwings along with bassist Kevin Peyok, drummer James Edmunds and guitarist Dominic Romano. The band's name, as well as the name of their debut record, was derived from the first line of a poem in Vladimir Nabokov's novel Pale Fire: In 2000 The Waxwings signed with Bobsled Records and began work on their debut album, Low to the Ground, recorded at Terrarium Studios in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Bryan Hanna. The albums was featured in Magnet Magazine's Top 20 albums of 2000–2001. In 2002 the band released their second album.
The Waxwings are Adrienne Leverette ; Eric Schopmeyer ; Kurt Weist ; Mark Schopmeyer ; Matt Marchyok ; Tony Jamesbarry. Recorded by Eric Schopmeyer, December 2012-February 2016 at the Aerie. Mixed by Jordan Leff at Secret Society, Summer 2016. MAINLAND // Side 2: Long Shadows. MAINLAND // Side 1: On the Arrow.
|1||Wired That Way|
|3||Look Down Darkly|
|5||Blur To Me|
|6||Almost All Day|
|11||What's Needed Now|
- Mastered At – Golden Mastering
- Cello, Violin – Jessie Greene*
- Engineer, Mixed By – Bryan Hanna
- Executive Producer – Bob Salerno
- Horns – Greg Lewis, Michael Lewis
- Layout, Art Direction – Roe Peterhans
- Mixed By – Bob Salerno (tracks: 1, 4)
- Performer – Dean Fertita, Dominic Romano, James Edmunds , Kevin Peyok
- Photography By – Phil Burke, Riva Sayegh
- Producer – Bryan Hanna, The Waxwings
- Written-By – Fertita*, Romano*, Edmunds*, Peyok*
NotesReleased with obi.
Tracks 12 and 13 are exclusive to this release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4945817650191
|Bob-26||The Waxwings||Shadows Of (CD, Album)||Bobsled Records||Bob-26||US||2002|
|SRCD125522||The Waxwings||Shadows Of (CD, Album)||Schnitzel Records||SRCD125522||UK||2002|
|CTCM-65019||The Waxwings||Shadows Of (CD, Album, Promo)||Cutting Edge||CTCM-65019||Japan||2002|