Rod Stewart - The Best Of Rod Stewart album flac
Title: The Best Of Rod Stewart
Style: Mod, Pop Rock, Rock & Roll, Glam
MP3 album: 1907 mb
FLAC album: 1134 mb
Other formats: AHX VOC XM AA FLAC MP3 ADX
The Best of Rod Stewart is a compilation album by British singer-songwriter Rod Stewart, released on the Warner Bros. record label in 1989. The album features many of Stewart's biggest solo hit singles, from 1971's "Maggie May" to "Downtown Train", which was released as a single in 1989. This album was released in the . All tracks written by Rod Stewart except where noted. Maggie May" (Rod Stewart, Martin Quittenton).
The focus on Rod Stewart's solo career often begins after Faces broke up in 1975, but he actually had started that career before he joined Faces. In fact, his first solo album, "An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down" was released in November 1969, four months ahead of Faces' debut album. At the time Stewart's sixth solo album was released (in August 1975) his solo career was proceeding full speed and Faces guitarist Ronnie Wood had already been working with The Rolling Stones. After "Atlantic Crossing" quickly went to Faces disbanded, leaving Stewart and Wood free to pursue their respective career paths. Among the best-known songs were a Cat Stevens cover ("The First Cut is the Deepest") and a song with a theme that was not common in the mainstream in the mid-70s, "The Killing of Georgie (Part I and II)" about the murder of a gay man.
What are the best albums by Rod Stewart? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Rod Stewart is ranked number 414 in the overall artist rankings with a total rank score of 5,948. Members who like this artist also like: Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and T. Rex. Product Details.
Band Name Rod Stewart. Album Name The Best of Rod Stewart (1989). Released date 13 November 1989. Labels Warner Music Group WEA Warner Bros. Members owning this album10.
"Brazilian album certifications – Rod Stewart – The Best of Rod Stewart" in Portuguese Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos Retrieved 24 December 2012. a b "Rod Stewart" in Finnish Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland Retrieved 24 December 2012
Posts About The Best of Rod Stewart. Content from Freebase licensed under CC-BY.
This Rod Stewart discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top Rod Stewart albums can be found at the top of the list. Stewart came into prominence as a raspy-voiced British sex symbol in the 1970s, though his look and his pop sound translated well for the MTV era of the '80s and beyond. To make it easy for you, we haven't included Rod Stewart singles, EPs, or compilations, so everything you see here should only be studio albums.
|A2||Cut Across Shorty||6:30|
|A3||An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down||3:02|
|A4||(I Know) I'm Losing You||5:22|
|B1||Handbags & Gladrags||4:22|
|B2||It's All Over Now||6:23|
|B3||Street Fighting Man||5:04|
|C1||Every Picture Tells A Story||5:58|
|C2||What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me)||2:45|
|C3||Oh! No Not My Babe||3:37|
|C5||You Wear It Well||4:21|
|D1||Let Me Be Your Car||5:02|
|D2||Pinball Wizard (From The Rock Opera "Tommy [1914-1984]")||3:09|
|D5||Mine For Me||4:02|
- Manufactured By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Distributed By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Phonogram, Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Published By – H. G. Music, Inc.
- Published By – Cedarwood Pub. Co., Inc.
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – United Artists Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Kags Music Corp.
- Published By – ABKCO Music, Inc.
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Al Gallico Music Corp.
- Published By – Screen Gems-Columbia Music
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – Chappell & Co., Inc.
- Published By – Dick James Music, Inc.
- Published By – Track Music, Inc.
- Published By – Arch Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – MPL Communications Inc.
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Art Direction – Joe Kotleba
- Artwork [Illustrations] – John Youssi
- Co-producer – Faces (tracks: C3), Lou Reizner (tracks: A2, B1, B2, B4,), Ron Wood (tracks: C4, D2)
- Mastered By – Gilbert Kong
- Photography By – David Honor
- Piano – Mike D'Abo (tracks: A3, B1)
- Producer – Rod Stewart
NotesOriginally released by Mercury September, 1969 as SR-61237 "The Rod Stewart Album"; May, 1970 as SR-61264 "Gasoline Alley"; May 1971 as SRM-1-609 "Every Picture Tells A Story"; July, 1972 as SRM-1-646 "Never A Dull Moment"; June, 1973 as SRM-1-680 "Sing It Again Rod"; and September, 1974 as SRM-1-1017 "Smiler" and September, 1973 as 73426
Also available on Musicassette and Stereo 8 Track Tape MCT4 2-7507 -- MCT8 2-7507
Gordon Huntley's participation in the recording of "You Wear It Well" is by kind consent of EMI Records
Label Variation to Rod Stewart - The Best Of Rod Stewart: See scans.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): SRM-2-7507-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): SRM-2-7507-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Label): SRM-2-7507-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Label): SRM-2-7507-D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etched): SRM-2-7507 A-CT1 RECORD #1 1T G.K.
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etched): SRM-2-7507 B-CT7 RECORD #1 1T G.K.
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Etched): SRM-2-7507 C-CT1 RECORD #2 1T G.K.
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Etched): SRM-2-7507 D-CT1 RECORD #2 2T G.K.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - D Stamped): MASTERDISK
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|SRM-2-7507||Rod Stewart||The Best Of Rod Stewart (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Mercury||SRM-2-7507||US||1976|
|SFX-10004-5||Rod Stewart||The Best Of Rod Stewart (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Mercury||SFX-10004-5||Japan||1976|
|9286 135||Rod Stewart||The Best Of Rod Stewart (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Mercury||9286 135||Australia||1977|
|SRM-2-7507||Rod Stewart||The Best Of Rod Stewart (2xLP, Comp, RE)||Mercury||SRM-2-7507||US||Unknown|
|6672 014||Rod Stewart||The Best Of Rod Stewart (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Mercury||6672 014||New Zealand||1977|