Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela album flac
Title: Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela
Style: Jazz-Funk, Soul-Jazz
MP3 album: 1547 mb
FLAC album: 1319 mb
Other formats: WMA MMF AC3 AU ADX DXD FLAC
Genre: Jazz / Funk and Soul
Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela is collaborative studio album by Herb Alpert and Hugh Masekela. It was recorded in Hollywood, California and released in 1978 via A&M Records and Horizon Records labels. Acoustic guitar – Tommy Tedesco (tracks: 5). Arranged by – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela, Stewart Levine. Backing vocals – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela, Lani Hall, Letta Mbulu. Bass – Chuck Domanico. Bass – Louis Johnson (tracks: 1). Co-producer – Hugh Masekela.
Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela - I'll Be There For You 7:12. Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela - African Summer 3:27. Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela - Ring Bell 3:33. Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela - Happy Hanna 5:07. Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela - Skokiaan 3:07.
A mustachioed Herb Alpert breaks out of his '70s blue funk to fuse himself with fellow horn player Hugh Masekela and producer/pianist Caiphus Semenya in a magnificent LP of South African/American pop/jazz. From the joyous opening strains of the South African oldie "Skokiaan," to the haunting groove of "Moonza," Alpert wholeheartedly melts into Masekela's distinctive idiom, his trumpet a relaxed foil for the South African exile's blazing flügelhorn. But Masekela can also lean the other way, joining Alpert in TJB-like dual harmony on "Ring Bell.
Herb Alpert - Spanish Flea 02:07. Herb Alpert - Human Nature 03:03. Herb Alpert - Rotation 05:11. Herb Alpert - Magic Man 05:34. Herb Alpert - Desafinado 03:54. Herb Alpert - Imagine 02:16. Herb Alpert - Don't Go Breaking My Heart 02:44. Herb Alpert - 1980 02:25. Herb Alpert - Michelle 03:52. Herb Alpert - Rise 08:58. Herb Alpert - A Taste Of Honey 02:42.
The first track of the album "Herb Alpert & Hugh Masekela" (1978). com/view play list?p F3F387135DA9E52C.
Herb Alpert (born March 31, 1935) is an American jazz musician most associated with the group variously known as Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass, or TJB. Alpert is also a recording industry executive, the "A" of A&M Records, a recording label he and business partner Jerry Moss founded and eventually sold to PolyGram. Alpert also has created abstract expressionist paintings and sculpture over two decades, which are publicly displayed on occasion.
A little background: Herb Alpert had produced a wonderful album by South African singer Letta Mbulu and was interested in experimenting with African music himself. But he kept getting stumped and decided to call a friend of his, fellow producer Stewart Levine. By chance, Hugh Masekela was staying at Levine's home and answered the call. Alpert got to thinking about Masekela and called back later and asked Masekela if he would be interested in working together
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela
Written-By – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert
Written-By – George Weiss*, Jerry Ragovoy
Written-By – Caiphus Semenya, Hotep Cecil Barnard
Written-By – Edu Lobo
Written-By – Caiphus Semenya
|B3||I'll Be There For You
Written-By – Caiphus Semenya
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – DIDECA, S.A. – SP-728
- Distributed By – DIDECA, S.A. – SP-728
- Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic Guitar Solo] – Tommy Tedesco (tracks: B1)
- Arranged By – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela, Stewart Levine
- Arranged By [Horns Arranged By] – Caiphus Semenya
- Arranged By [Strings Arranged By] – Jimmy Jones
- Art Direction – Roland Young
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Hugh Masekela, Lani Hall, Letta Mbulu
- Bass – Chuck Domanico
- Bass [Additional Bass] – Louis Johnson (tracks: A1)
- Bass Trombone – Maurice Spears
- Co-producer [Associate Producer] – Hugh Masekela
- Concertmaster [String Concert Master] – Gerald Vinci
- Design – Chuck Beeson
- Drums – Carlos Vega (tracks: B1), James Gadson, Spider Webb (tracks: B2)
- Engineer – Don Hahn
- Engineer [Assistant Engineers] – Derek Dunann*, John Beverly Jones
- Flugelhorn – Hugh Masekela
- Flugelhorn, Trumpet – Herb Alpert
- French Horn – Marylin L. Robinson*, Sidney Isaac Muldrow*
- Guitar – Arthur Adams, Freddie Harris, Lee Ritenour
- Guitar [Guitar Solo] – Arthur Adams (tracks: B3)
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Orchestrated By – Donald Cooke*
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Bonnie Schiffman
- Photography By [Front Cover & Innersleeve] – Roland Young
- Piano – Caiphus Semenya, Hotep Cecil Barnard
- Producer – Caiphus Semenya, Herb Alpert, Stewart Levine
- Synthesizer – Craig Hindley (tracks: A4), Michael Boddicker (tracks: B2)
- Synthesizer [Synthesizers] – Ian Underwood
- Trombone – Donald W. Cooke, George Bohanon
|SP-728||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela (LP, Album)||A&M Records, Horizon||SP-728||US||1978|
|CS-728||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||CS-728||US||1978|
|SP-728||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert - Hugh Masekela (LP, Album, Club)||Laurie Records||SP-728||US||1978|
|HRB 168||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Herb Alpert Presents||HRB 168||US||2017|
|AMS-5155||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela||Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela - Herb Alpert / Hugh Masekela (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMS-5155||Venezuela||1978|