James Horner - Mel Gibson's Apocalypto album flac
Title: Mel Gibson's Apocalypto
Style: Tribal, Score, Modern Classical
MP3 album: 1427 mb
FLAC album: 1772 mb
Other formats: MP1 DMF XM ADX MP3 DTS RA
Genre: Electronic / Screen and stage
Executive Producer – Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson. Other – Mitchell Leib. Percussion – Frank Ricotti, Garry Kettel. Producer – James Horner, Simon Rhodes. Programmed By – Aaron Martin (3), Ian Underwood. Recorded By, Mixed By – Simon Rhodes, Simon Rhodes.
James Horner's approach to this soundtrack is as unconventional as Mel Gibson's take on adventure movies. The percussion- and flute-heavy arrangements eschew the usual big orchestra-Horner actually employs synthetic strings instead-but what really makes this score stand out from run-of-the-mill Hollywood soundtracks is its use of the human voice, in particular that of Qawwali singer Rahan Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Very interesting soundtrack. and inventive! My work involves study of this culture. I have read and studied much about this topic.
Apocalypto soundtrack from 2006, composed by James Horner. Released by Hollywood Records in 2006 (D000015802) containing music from Apocalypto (2006). Apocalypto, the new film by Passion of the Christ director Mel Gibson, reunites the director with composer James Horner, who had worked with Gibson previously on Braveheart and The Man Without a Face. The film is about a Maya tribesman, Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood) and his journey from the jungle (where he lived with his expectant wife and son) to the Maya city, where he was to be sacrificed after being captured by a ruthless tribe, and then his escape back to the jungle where he tries to outwit and outlast his pursuers and return to.
APOCALYPTO – James Horner. What with all the furore surrounding Mel Gibson, his DUI arrest on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, and his subsequent drunken anti-Semitic rant to the highway patrol officers, it’s easy to forget that he remains a truly tremendous filmmaker. Apocalypto is Gibson’s fourth film as director, after The Man Without a Face, Braveheart and The Passion of the Christ
Apocalypto was Mel Gibson's semi-controversial follow-up to his very controversial film The Passion of the Christ. While some critics praised the film, about the fall of Mayan civilization, for its sweeping vistas, period details and overall visceral experience, others skewered it for its relentlessly savage violence and called it a pretentious, indulgent exercise in overkill
The music is composed by James Horner and features vocals by Pakistani singer Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and English musician Terry Edwards. In 2006, his vocals were featured on the soundtrack of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Paap Qawwali Back 2 Love (Rahat Fateh Ali Khan album) Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. Fateh Ali KhanUstad Rahat Fateh Ali KhanRahat. The music is composed by James Horner and features vocals by Pakistani singer Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and English musician Terry Edwards.
Whatever you think of him as a person, Mel Gibson has turned out to be a surprisingly bold and daring director, spending vast quantities of his personal fortune on his last couple of movies to bankroll al fare which would never be touched by a major studio.
He ends up receiving over 10,000 entries from a patient at Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dr William Minor, who is played by Sean Penn.
|1||From The Forest...||1:55|
|3||The Storyteller's Dream||3:41|
|6||Entering The City With A Future Foretold||6:05|
|8||Words Through The Sky - The Eclipse||5:11|
|9||The Games And Escape||5:15|
|10||An Elusive Quarry||2:15|
|12||No Longer The Hunted||5:50|
|13||Civilisations Brought By Sea||2:20|
|14||To The Forest...||7:31|
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mixed At – Abbey Road Studios
- Published By – Song Icon Publishing, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Hollywood Records
- Marketed By – Hollywood Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hollywood Records
- Copyright (c) – Hollywood Records
- Composed By [Music] – James Horner
- Contractor [Music Contractor] – Isobel Griffiths
- Coordinator [Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's Vocal Coordinator] – Shafiq Saddiqui
- Design – Enny Joo
- Directed By [Director Of Soundtracks For The Buena Vista Music Group] – Desireé Craig-Ramos*
- Edited By [Album], Mastered By [Album] – Simon Rhodes
- Engineer [Assistant Engineers] – Richard Lancaster, Robin Baynton
- Engineer [Technical Engineer] – Dave Forty
- Executive Producer [Executive Soundtrack Album Producers] – Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson
- Other [Executive In Charge Of Music And Soundtracks For Walt Disney Pictures And The Buena Vista Music Group] – Mitchell Leib
- Percussion – Frank Ricotti, Garry Kettel*
- Producer [Album Produced By] – James Horner, Simon Rhodes
- Programmed By [Synthesizer Programming] – Aaron Martin , Ian Underwood
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Music Recorded And Mixed By] – Simon Rhodes, Simon Rhodes
- Score Editor [Music Editors] – Dick Bernstein, Jim Henrikson
- Soloist, Vocals [Vocal Solos] – Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan*
- Supervised By [Music Scoring Supervisor] – Sylvia Wells
- Vocals [Additional] – Terry Edwards
- Woodwind – Guo Yi, Jan Hendrickse, Robert A. White, Tony Hinnigan
NotesMusic Recorded and Mixed at E.M.I. Abbey Road Studios, London.
Motion Picture Artwork TM & Copyright © 2006 Touchstone Pictures.
Motion Picture Photos TM & Copyright © 2006 Icon Distribution, Inc.
This Compilation ©℗ 2006 Hollywood Records, Inc.
Manufactured and Marketed by Hollywood Records.
Published by Song Icon Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 50087 10180 0
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|none||James Horner||Apocalypto (CD, Promo)||Not On Label||none||US||Unknown|
|0946 3 86507 2 0||James Horner||Mel Gibson's Apocalypto (CD, Album)||Gala Records||0946 3 86507 2 0||Russia||2006|
|0946 3 83878 2 4, 383 8782, D000015802||James Horner||Mel Gibson's Apocalypto - Original Score (CD, Album)||Hollywood Records, Hollywood Records, Hollywood Records||0946 3 83878 2 4, 383 8782, D000015802||Europe||2006|