Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease / Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3 album flac
Title: Spanish Grease / Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3
Style: Boogaloo, Latin Jazz
MP3 album: 1158 mb
FLAC album: 1602 mb
Other formats: TTA MOD ASF WMA DXD VQF MP1
Genre: Jazz / Latin / Funk and Soul
Uno Dos Tres 1,2,3 is an album by jazz percussionist Willie Bobo recorded in 1966 and released on the Verve label. Its creeping Latin soul groove was, like "Spanish Grease," an obvious inspiration for Carlos Santana". Boogaloo in Room 802" (John Hart, Melvin Lastie) - 2:35.
On the back of the original Verve record jacket, the promotional copy quotes him extensively about 'Uno Dos Tres 1,2,3'. One passage in particular is telling, with Bobo bemoaning his typecasting in the jazz world: If you’re Latin, people expect you to play only Latin. A byproduct of years of working under American and British bandleaders eager to explore or cash in on Afro-Caribbean derivations, that sentiment hangs like an albatross around Bobo’s neck.
Willie Bobo's 1965 LP, Spanish Grease, has been combined with his Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 LP from 1966 on one CD reissue. One pass through the title cut of Spanish Grease and you know that Carlos Santana was listening. The easy R&B/Latin jazz shuffle on this Bobo original, with its mix of Spanish and English vocals, is an obvious touchstone to cuts like "Evil Ways" on Santana's first two albums. What a shame, then, that the rest of the record is primarily comprised of covers of pop hits of the day like "It's Not Unusual" (a vocal and an instrumental version!).
Willie Bobo chronology. Spanish Grease (1965)Spanish Grease1965. Uno Dos Tres 1,2,3 (1966). Feelin' So Good (1966)Feelin' So Good1966 Contents.
Download FLAC Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 1994 lossless CD, MP3. Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 – download lossless. Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 (1994, Verve)/17 - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In. lac - 1. 3. Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 (1994, Verve)/05 - Haitian Lady. Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 (1994, Verve)/11 - Boogaloo in Room 80. 2. Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 (1994, Verve)/Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3. Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 (1994, Verve)/Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3.
Willie Bobo was the stage name of William Correa (February 28, 1934 – September 15, 1983), a Latin and jazz percussionist of Puerto Rican ancestry. His youngest son, Eric Bobo (Eric Correa), is a percussionist with crew Cypress Hill. He also performed on the Beastie Boys' 1994 album Ill Communication, as well as doing the 1994 Lollapalooza tour with the group. Spanish Grease, Uno Dos Tres 1 2 3. 2,081 listeners.
It's Not Unusual, 02:30. Shot Gun/Blind Man, Blind Man, 05:14. Fried Neck Bones and Some Homefries, 03:03. One, Two, Three (Uno, Dos, Tres), 02:40.
Spanish Grease/Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3. Willie Bobo's 1965 LP, Spanish Grease, has been combined with his Uno Dos Tres 1-2-3 LP from 1966 on one CD reissue.
1-2-3- (Uno, Dos, Tres), 11. Night Song, 12. The Breeze And I – From Suite Andalucia. More albums from Willie Bobo: A New Dimension by Willie Bobo. Hell Of An Act To Follow by Willie Bobo. Bobo’s Beat by Willie Bobo. Spanish Blues Band by Willie Bobo. Juicy by Willie Bobo. Lost And Found by Willie Bobo.
|2||Hurt So Bad||2:41|
|3||It's Not Unusual||2:21|
|4||Our Day Will Come||2:52|
|6||Blues In The Closet||2:14|
|9||It's Not Unusual (Instrumental)||2:30|
|10||Shotgun / Blind Man, Blind Man||5:14|
|Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3|
|11||Boogaloo In Room 802||2:38|
|12||Come A Little Bit Closer||2:30|
|13||Goin' Out Of My Head||3:28|
|14||I Remember Clifford||2:06|
|17||No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)||2:46|
|18||Fried Neck Bones And Some Home Fries||3:03|
|19||Ol' Man River||3:14|
|20||One, Two, Three (1-2-3) [Uno, Dos, Tres]||2:40|
|22||The Breeze And I||3:16|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Bobby Brown
- Arranged By – Bert Keys*, Chico O'Farrill (tracks: 11 to 22)
- Bass – Bobby Rodriguez (tracks: 11 to 22), Jim Phillips (tracks: 1 to 10), Jon Hart (tracks: 11 to 22), Richard Davis (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Bongos, Guiro – Osualdo Martinez* (tracks: 11 to 22)
- Congas – Carlos "Patato" Valdes (tracks: 11 to 22), Victor Pantoja (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Cornet – Melvin Lastie
- Engineer [Director Of Engineering] – Val Valentin
- Engineer [Original Recordings] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Executive Producer – Richard Seidel
- Guitar – Clarence "Sonny" Henry*
- Liner Notes [Edited By] – Peter Pullman
- Liner Notes [July 1994] – Larry Birnbaum
- Mastered By – Steve Fallone
- Percussion – Jose Mangual (tracks: 11 to 22), Victor Pantoja (tracks: 11 to 22), Victor Pantoja (tracks: 11 to 22)
- Photography By [Cover] – Chuck Stewart
- Photography By [Spanish Grease Cover] – Rudolph Legname*
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Creed Taylor
- Research – Phil Schaap
- Supervised By – Michael Lang
- Timbales, Vocals – Willie Bobo
NotesTracks 1 to 10: Spanish Grease (Verve V6-8631)
Tracks 11 to 22: Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3 (Verve V6-8648)
This compilation ℗ 1994 PolyGram Records, Inc. © PolyGram Records, Inc. [tray insert]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 20831-1104-2 52
|521 664-2||Willie Bobo||Spanish Grease / Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3 (CD, Comp)||Verve Records||521 664-2||Europe||1994|
|314 521 664-2||Willie Bobo||Spanish Grease / Uno Dos Tres 1•2•3 (CD, Comp)||Verve Records||314 521 664-2||US||1994|