Duke Ellington - Second Sacred Concert album flac
Title: Second Sacred Concert
Style: Gospel, Big Band, Religious, Vocal
MP3 album: 1169 mb
FLAC album: 1233 mb
Other formats: TTA AU AC3 MMF MP4 XM AC3
In the last decade of his life, Duke Ellington wrote three Sacred Concerts: 1965 - A Concert of Sacred Music. 1968 - Second Sacred Concert. 1973 - Third Sacred Concert. Ellington called these concerts "the most important thing I have ever done". He said many times that he was not trying to compose a "Mass" (liturgy). The critic Gary Giddins has characterized these concerts as Ellington bringing the Cotton Club revue to the church.
With that as his mission in his last decade, Ellington put together a series of three sacred concerts, the second of which is a far more extensive and adventurous testament to his faith than his first or third. This time, the material is fresh, not a patchwork of old and new like the first concert - and in an attempt to be as ecumenical as possible, Ellington reaches for novel techniques and sounds beyond his usual big band spectrum.
Songs in album Duke Ellington - А Concert Of Sacred Music (1965). 1. In The Beginning God. Duke Ellington. 15:54 320 Кб/с 71. 2. Tell Me It's The Truth. 02:50 320 Кб/с 37. 3. Come Sunday. David Danced Before The Lord With All His Might. 06:32 320 Кб/с 40. отключить рекламу. Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins. Duke Ellington And His Orchestra (1927-1928). Duke Ellington At Fargo, 1940 Live.
All selections composed by Duke Ellington - Tempo Music (ASCAP) 2 pieces are not included in this version ("Don't Get Down On Your Knees To Pray Until You Have Forgiven Everyone" & "Father Forgive". Other Versions (5 of 26) View All. Cat.
Second Sacred Concert - Студийный альбом от Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. В альбом вошло 7 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 41:54. 7. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. The Biggest and Busiest Intersection. ru All rights reserved.
Second Sacred Concert is a English album released on Nov 2006. This album is composed by Duke Ellington. Second Sacred Concert Album has 11 songs sung by Duke Ellington, Johnny Hodges, Harry Carney. Listen to all songs in high quality & download Second Sacred Concert songs on Gaana. attr("src", $('. de tp.
Listen to Second Sacred Concert now. Listen to Second Sacred Concert in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Opening Theme: Praise God
Featuring – Harry Carney
Featuring – Jimmy Hamilton
Featuring – Alice Babs, Johnny Hodges
|B1||Something About Believing
Featuring [Featuring Soloists From The Choir In Speaking Roles] – The A.M.E. Mother Zion Church Choir*, Central Connecticut State College Singers, Choir Of Saint Hilda's School, Choir Of Saint Hugh's School, The Frank Parker Singers*
Featuring – Alice Babs, Russell Procope
|B3||The Shepherd (Who Watches Over The Night Flock)
Featuring – Cootie Williams
Featuring – Johnny Hodges
Featuring, Composed By, Piano [Featuring The Composer At The Piano] – Duke Ellington
|C3||The Biggest And Busiest Intersection
Featuring, Percussion [Featuring The Percussion Section] – Sam Woodyard, Steve Little
Featuring – Alice Babs
|D2||Don't Get Down On Your Knees To Pray Until You Have Forgiven Everyone
Featuring – Tony Watkins
Featuring [Featuring Tony Watkins And Choir] – The A.M.E. Mother Zion Church Choir*, Central Connecticut State College Singers, Choir Of Saint Hilda's School, Choir Of Saint Hugh's School, The Frank Parker Singers*, Tony Watkins
|D4||Praise God And Dance
Featuring [By The Entire Company, Featuring] – Alice Babs, Buster Cooper, Cat Anderson, Johnny Hodges, Paul Gonsalves
- Marketed By – Marfer
- Alto Saxophone – Johnny Hodges
- Alto Saxophone, Clarinet – Russell Procope
- Baritone Saxophone, Clarinet – Harry Carney
- Bass – Jeff Castleman
- Choir – The A.M.E. Mother Zion Church Choir*, Central Connecticut State College Singers, Choir Of Saint Hilda's And Saint Hugh's School, The Frank Parker Singers*
- Chorus Master [A.m.e. Mother Zion Church Choir] – Solomon Herriott, Jr
- Chorus Master [Central Connecticut State College Singers] – Dr. Robert Soule
- Chorus Master [Choir Of Saint Hilda's And Saint Hugh's School] – William Toole
- Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone – Jimmy Hamilton
- Crew [Assistants To Mr. Ellington] – Geoffrey Holder, Herman McCoy, Honi Coles, Mercedes Ellington, Mercer Ellington, Stephen James, Thomas L. Whaley
- Design – Greg Zerovnik
- Drums – Sam Woodyard, Steve Little
- Photography By – Joel Katz
- Piano, Liner Notes, Composed By – Duke Ellington
- Tenor Saxophone – Paul Gonsalves
- Trombone – Benny Green*, Buster Cooper, Lawrence Brown
- Trombone [Bass] – Chuck Connors
- Trumpet – Cat Anderson, Cootie Williams, Herbie Jones, Mercer Ellington, Money Johnson
- Vocals [The Singers] – Alice Babs, Devonne Gardner, Roscoe Gill*, Tony Watkins, Trish Turner
|8407/8||Duke Ellington||Second Sacred Concert (2xLP)||Fantasy||8407/8||US||1968|
|M 40-036/ 037||Duke Ellington||Second Sacred Concert (2xLP)||America Records||M 40-036/ 037||Spain||1972|
|С60 26781 002||Duke Ellington And His Orchestra||Концерт Дюка Эллингтона И Его Оркестра (Пластинка 1) (LP, Album, RE)||Мелодия||С60 26781 002||USSR||1988|
|P-24045||Duke Ellington||Second Sacred Concert (2xLP, Album)||Prestige||P-24045||US||1974|
|С60 26781 002||Duke Ellington And His Orchestra||Концерт Дюка Эллингтона И Его Оркестра (Пластинка 1) (LP, RP)||Мелодия||С60 26781 002||USSR||1989|