Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia album flac
Style: Abstract, Modern Classical, Experimental, Contemporary
MP3 album: 1439 mb
FLAC album: 1276 mb
Other formats: ADX AAC MPC MP4 WMA MP1 AIFF
Genre: Electronic / Classical
Fordlandia is the sixth full-length studio album by Icelandic musician Jóhann Jóhannsson. The album was released on 3 November 2008 via 4AD, his second new release for the record label (following 2006's IBM 1401, A User's Manual). The album is thematically influenced by the failure of Henry Ford's Brazilian rubber plant Fordlândia.
Fordlandia (CDr, Album, Promo). This is Jóhannsson's sixth full length album. Besides these contemporary classical conceptual pieces, Jóhannsson produced about a dozen of soundtracks for Icelandic films, shorts and documentaries. It would be an understatement to say that Jóhann Jóhannsson is a prominent figure in Icelandic contemporary artistic community.
IBM, which included recordings of its titular computer, could have been gimmicky or overly conceptual, but the results were remarkably moving and personal. While Fordlandia is slightly more straightforward musically, its concepts and emotional impact are much more involved and ambitious.
At his best, Jóhann Jóhannsson displays patience and deploys silence the way traditional composers employ melody and dissonance. While the Icelandic composer's IBM 1401: A User's Manual- a 2006 concept album about one of the earliest computers to arrive in his country- was a distinct step down from his best work, it was a compelling narrative that fully complemented his stylistic choices: slow crescendos, voices reciting instruction manuals, and lingering digital noise.
Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia. Melodia (Guidelines for a Space Propulsion Device Based on Heim's Quantum Theory)" – 9:03. How We Left Fordlandia" – 15:24. Скачиваний: 84. Скачать Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia. Также послушайте: Johann Johannsson. 5, 13. Jóhann Jóhannsson. Englabörn & Variations. 5, 7. 5. Mandy (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). 5, 3. Johann Johannsson. Free the Mind: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Checking samples, I decided to purchase "Fordlandia. Having listened to the album several times now, I can say that it's a very moving listening experience. The lush strings paint broad vistas, and the slow tempos and cyclical structures wash over you in bittersweet tonalities that imply the themes of failure, loss, and abandonment inherent to the titular setting.
This album has an average beat per minute of 95 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 63/138 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Fordlândia. BPM Profile Fordlândia. Album starts at 97BPM, ends at 76BPM (-21), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Jóhann Jóhannsson.
|3||The Rocket Builder (Io Pan!)||6:25|
|5||Fordlandia - Aerial View||4:33|
|9||The Great God Pan Is Dead||4:56|
|10||Melodia (Guidelines For A Propulsion Device Based On Heim's Quantum Theory)||9:04|
|11||How We Left Fordlandia||15:25|
- Published By – Mute Song
- Recorded At – Barrandov Studios
- Recorded At – Smecky Music Studios
- Recorded At – Langholtskirkja
- Recorded At – Bragernes Kirke
- Mixed At – Studio Sýrland
- Mixed At – NTOV, Copenhagen
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Designed At – v23
- Manufactured By – LLC UK
- Art Direction, Design – Vaughan Oliver
- CGI Artist [Rocket Image Manipulation] – Marc Atkins
- Chorus – The City Of Prague Philharmonic Chorus* (tracks: 1, 9 to 11)
- Clarinet – Guðni Franzson (tracks: 2, 4, 8)
- Concertmaster [Concert Master] – Bohumil Kotmel (tracks: 1, 9 to 11)
- Conductor – Miriam Nemcova* (tracks: 1, 9 to 11)
- Contractor [Orchestra Contractor] – James Fitzpatrick
- Design [Assistance] – Chris Bigg , Stuart Munro
- Design Concept [Artwork Concept] – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Mastered By – Steve Rooke
- Mixed By [NTOV] – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Mixed By [Sýrland] – Finnur Hákonarsson*
- Orchestra – The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra* (tracks: 1, 9 to 11)
- Orchestrated By [Orchestration By] – Arnar Bjarnason (tracks: 10, 11), Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Organ [Pipe Organ] – Guðmundur Sigurðsson (tracks: 7)
- Percussion, Electronics – Matthias M.D. Hemstock* (tracks: 3, 5, 10, 11)
- Piano, Organ [Pipe Organ, Electric Organ], Guitar, Electronics – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Recorded By [Orchestra Recorded By] – Jan Holzner
- Recorded By [Pipe Organ Recorded By - Bragernes] – Thomas Wolden
- Recorded By [Pipe Organ Recorded By - Langholtskirkja] – Finnur Hákonarsson*
- Recorded By [Storm Recordings By] – BJ Nilsen* (tracks: 9)
- Recorded By [String Quartet Recorded By] – Finnur Hákonarsson*
- Strings – Greta Guðmundsdóttir (tracks: 3, 5), Guðmundur Kristmundsson (tracks: 3, 5), Hrafnkell Orri Egilsson (tracks: 3, 5), Una Sveinbjarnardóttir (tracks: 3, 5)
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – Jóhann Jóhannsson
NotesOrchestra recorded at Barrandov Studios, Smecky Soundstage, Prague.
String quartet recorded in Langholtskirkja, Reykjavik.
Pipe organ recorded in Langholtskirkja, Reykjavik and Bragernes church in Drammen, Norway.
Additional recordings in Copenhagen, Reykjavik and Tokyo.
Mixed in Sýrland, Reykjavik and in NTOV, Copenhagen.
Mastered at Abbey Road.
Published by Mute Song
Art direction and design at v23.
Manufactured in the UK
Issued in a jewel case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 652637281224
- Barcode (Text): 6 52637 28122 4
- Matrix / Runout: CAD2812CD 01 LLC UK
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY33
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW22
- Label Code: LC 05807
|CAD 2812 CD||Jóhann Jóhannsson||Fordlandia (CD, Album, Dig)||4AD||CAD 2812 CD||UK||2008|
|none||Jóhann Jóhannsson||Fordlandia (CDr, Album, Promo)||4AD, Beggars Japan||none||Japan||2008|
|NTOV7||Jóhann Jóhannsson||Fordlandia (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, Cle)||NTOV||NTOV7||US||2013|
|WPCB10097||Jóhann Jóhannsson||Fordlandia (CD, Album)||4AD||WPCB10097||Japan||2008|
|CAD 2812 CD||Jóhann Jóhannsson||Fordlandia (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||4AD||CAD 2812 CD||US||2008|