Gil Evans And His Orchestra - There Comes A Time album flac
Title: There Comes A Time
Style: Post Bop, Big Band
MP3 album: 1362 mb
FLAC album: 1740 mb
Other formats: AHX MMF AUD AAC MOD AC3 VQF
There Comes A Time (CD, Album, RE, RM). RCA, Bluebird (3). 5783-2-RB. One of the advantages of the CD reissue is that there is a fuller version of The Meaning of the Blues (while I can't help thinking that the 16 minute There Comes a Time could have done with some pruning, the simple and constant bass line becoming very tedious after a while)
There Comes a Time is an album by the jazz composer, arranger, conductor and pianist Gil Evans, recorded in 1975 and performed by Evans with an orchestra featuring David Sanborn, Howard Johnson, Billy Harper and John Abercrombie. The album was re-released with an altered tracklist on CD in 1988. All compositions by Gil Evans except as indicated. King Porter Stomp" (Jelly Roll Morton) - 3:48.
There Comes A Time (CD, Album, RE, RM). BMG France. Gil Evans And His Orchestra. One of the advantages of the CD reissue is that there is a fuller version of The Meaning of the Blues (while I can't help thinking that the 16 minute There Comes a Time could have done with some pruning, the simple and constant bass line becoming very tedious after a while)
There Comes a Time may refer to: There Comes a Time (album), a 1976 album by Gil Evans. There Comes a Time, a 1980 album by Tommy Snyder. There Comes a Time", a 1959 song by Jack Scott from What Am I Living For, later covered by The Kestrels. There Comes a Time", a 1965 song by Eartha Kitt. There Comes a Time", a 1973 song by Daliah Lavi from Let The Love Grow. There Comes a Time", a 1997 song by Luther Allison from Reckless. There Comes a Time", a 2004 song by Marc Moulin from Entertainment.
02 - There Comes a Time. 10 - Buzzard Variations (From 'Porgy and Bess'). Gil Evans - There Comes a Time.
Download MP3. Gil Evans Orchestra.
There Comes a Time (Williams) - 16:08 03. Makes Her Move (Evans) - 1:41 04. Little Wing (Hendrix) - 5:32 05. The Meaning of the Blues (Troup-Worth) - 20:04 06. Aftermath the Fourth Movement: Children of the Fire (Peterson) - 5:40 07. Anita's Dance (Evans) - 2:56 08. Joy Spring (Brown) - 2:18 09. So Long (Evans) - 16:39 10. Buzzard Variations (From "Porgy and Bess") (Evans) - 2:37. Gil Evans - piano, electric piano, arranger, conductor Hannibal Marvin Peterson - trumpet, koto, vocals Ernie Royal, Lew Soloff - trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet John Clark, Peter Gordon - French.
GIL EVANS & Orchestra There Comes A Time RARE SEALED New Vinyl LP David Sanborn. Gil Evans There Comes a Time Lp 1976 Vintage Jazz Record. Gil Evans & Orchestra There Comes A Time 8 Track Tape SEALED Jazz RARE. Gil Evans There Comes A Time UK vinyl LP album record PL11057 RCA 1976. GIL EVANS ORCHESTRA There Comes A Time LP VINYL UK Rca 1976 7 Track (Pl11057).
This CD reissue of Gil Evans' There Comes a Time differs greatly from the original LP of the same name. Not only are there three previously unreleased performances ("Joy Spring," "So Long," and "Buzzard Variation"), but "The Meaning of the Blues" has been expanded from six minutes to 20, and two numbers, "Little Wing" and "Aftermath the Fourth Movement/Children of the Fire," have been dropped (the former was reissued on Evans' Jimi Hendrix tribute album) and the remaining four tracks were.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||King Porter Stomp
Soloist – David SanbornWritten-By – Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton*
|2||There Comes A Time
Soloist – Billy Harper, Hannibal Marvin Peterson, Joe Gallivan, Ryo KawasakiWritten-By – Tony Williams*
|3||Makes Her Move
Written-By – Gil Evans
Soloist – David Sanborn, Hannibal Marvin Peterson, Herb BushlerWritten-By – Jimi Hendrix
|5||The Meaning Of The Blues
Soloist – George Adams, Hannibal Marvin PetersonWritten-By – Bobby Troup, Lee Worth*
|6||Aftermath (The Fourth Movement) Children Of The Fire
Soloist – David Sanborn, Gil Evans, Ryo KawasakiWritten-By – Hannibal Marvin Peterson
Written-By – Gil Evans
- Manufactured By – BMG Victor Inc.
- Published By – BMG Music
- Art Direction – Dick Smith
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Trombone, Tuba – Howard Johnson
- Bass – Herb Bushler (tracks: 1, 3 to 7), Paul Metzke (tracks: 2)
- Celesta [Celeste], Timpani [Tympani], Congas, Cowbell [Cow Bell] – Sue Evans
- Drums – Tony Williams* (tracks: 1, 3 to 7)
- Drums, Percussion, Tabla – Bruce Ditmas
- Electric Guitar – Ryo Kawasaki
- Electric Piano, Piano, Celesta [Celeste], Producer – Gil Evans
- Engineer – Gus Mossler
- Engineer [Mixing] – Ray Hall
- French Horn – John Clark , Peter Gordon
- French Horn, Organ, Synthesizer – Pete Levin
- Photography By [Cover] – David B. Hecht
- Photography By [Liner] – Allan Tannenbaum
- Producer [Associate] – Anita Evans, Teddy Randazzo
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Flute – David Sanborn
- Synthesizer [Drum], Steel Guitar, Bells – Joe Gallivan
- Synthesizer, Organ – David Horowitz
- Synthesizer, Tuba, Trombone, Bass Trombone – Tom Malone
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Billy Harper, George Adams
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Piccolo Trumpet – Ernie Royal, Lew Soloff
- Trumpet, Koto, Percussion, Vocals – Hannibal Marvin Peterson
- Tuba – Bob Stewart, Joe Daley
- Vibraphone, Gong, Percussion, Bongos, Marimba – Warren Smith
|APL1-1057||Gil Evans And His Orchestra||There Comes A Time (LP, Album)||RCA||APL1-1057||US||1976|
|5783-2-RB||Gil Evans||There Comes A Time (CD, Album, RE, RM)||RCA, Bluebird||5783-2-RB||USA & Canada||1987|
|74321313922||Gil Evans And His Orchestra||There Comes A Time (CD, Album, RE)||BMG France, RCA||74321313922||France||1995|
|APL1-1057||Gil Evans And His Orchestra||There Comes A Time (8-Trk)||RCA||APL1-1057||US||1976|
|PL 11057||Gil Evans And His Orchestra||There Comes A Time (LP, Album)||RCA||PL 11057||UK||1976|