Roger Wolfe Kahn And His Orchestra / The Troubadours - Let A Smile Be Your Umbrella / The Man I Love album flac
Title: Let A Smile Be Your Umbrella / The Man I Love
MP3 album: 1372 mb
FLAC album: 1628 mb
Other formats: MP3 APE AUD XM MMF VOX MPC
Genre: Jazz / Pop
Russian radio: Golden Gramophone. Love Radio: Big Love 20. Radio Maximum. Shazam: Top 100 Russia. Today on the radio: FM hits. Top Recognition of Alice.
Album · 2014 · 1 Song. More By Roger Wolfe Kahn. See All. Collection: 1925 - 1932. Crazy Rhytm - Single.
Other IDs from the record include: (70786); Album A-1927; 8 sides - 2. Notes. The recording on the other side of this disc: (1) Blue Skies (2) Me And My Shadow (3) Russian Lullaby. Identifier 78 3-mississippi-mud bob-grant-and-his-o gbia0006443b. Location USA. Run time 00:03:21. Chlo-e was written in 1927 by Charles Daniels (aka Neil Moret) and Gus Kahn and has since become a standard. com/watch?v 9CyVYMnsgNA. Mississippi Mud was written by Harry Barris in 1927. com/watch?v cUSTRFC0yqA. Performed by Bob Grant and his orchestra.
Artist: Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Biltmore Orchestra. Album: Roaring 20s Unplugged, Vol. 2: Acoustic Recordings 1925-1930, 2009. Roger Wolfe Kahn and his Hotel Biltmore Orchestra - Hot Hot Hottentot. Has been played on. United States 2. Radio Dismuke. Annie Lennox No More "I Love You's". Perhaps, this is a temporary station problem. You can leave your e-mail and we will let you know when the broadcast of the station will be online again: Or listen to the other country dec name stations.
Successful early recordings were made by Roger Wolfe Kahn (vocal by Franklyn Baur) and by Sam Lanin (vocal by Irving Kaufman), and these both reached the charts of the day in 1928. 1929 It's a Great Life - performed by unseen male singer in the theater. 1932 The song is used in the Van Beuren cartoon The Wild Goose Chase. 1948 Give My Regards to Broadway. A 1974 Sesame Street record spoofs the song as "Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella," containing a song of the same name sung by Oscar the Grouch. The song's title was referenced in Twin Peaks, season 2 episode 11, when Agent Dale Cooper is given advice paraphrasing the song's title, by his supervisor Agent Gordon Cole. Joey Reynolds's autobiography is titled Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella, but Don't Get a Mouthful of Rain.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||–Roger Wolfe Kahn And His Orchestra||Let A Smile Be Your Umbrella (On A Rainy Day) • Al Mal Tiempo Buena Cara
Written-By – Wheeler*, Kahal*, Fain*
|B||–The Troubadours||The Man I Love • El Hombre A Quien Quiero
Written-By – Ira And George Gershwin*
- Record Company – Victor Talking Machine Co.
- Alto Saxophone [Uncredited], Baritone Saxophone [Uncredited], Clarinet [Uncredited] – Alfie Evans (tracks: A)
- Alto Saxophone [Uncredited], Clarinet [Uncredited], Flute [Uncredited], Oboe [Uncredited] – Arnold Brilhart (tracks: A)
- Banjo [Uncredited] – Tony Colucci (tracks: A)
- Directed By [Uncredited] – Nathaniel Shilkret (tracks: B), Roger Wolfe Kahn (tracks: A)
- Drums [Uncredited] – Stan King (tracks: A)
- Guitar [Uncredited] – Eddie Lang (tracks: A)
- Piano [Uncredited] – Arthur Schutt (tracks: A)
- Tenor Vocals [Uncredited] – Franklyn Baur (tracks: A)
- Trombone [Uncredited] – Miff Mole (tracks: A)
- Trumpet [Uncredited] – Manny Klein (tracks: A), Tommy Gott (tracks: A)
- Tuba [Uncredited] – Arthur Campbell* (tracks: A)
- Violin [Uncredited] – Joe Raymond (tracks: A), Joe Venuti (tracks: A)
NotesSide A: Jazz/dance band (fox trot), with male vocal solo.
Mx. BVE-42420-2 was recorded 2/8/1928 (New York, New York).
Side B: Dance band (fox trot).
Mx. BVE-41583-4 was recorded 2/9/1928 (New York, New York).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): A 21233A 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): D 21233B 4