Dr. John, The Night Tripper - The Sun, Moon & Herbs album flac
Title: The Sun, Moon & Herbs
Style: Louisiana Blues, Rhythm & Blues, Bayou Funk, Psychedelic
MP3 album: 1410 mb
FLAC album: 1896 mb
Other formats: AHX MMF MPC AA RA WAV VOX
Genre: Rock / Funk and Soul / Blues
By the time The Sun, Moon, and Herbs was released, he had gained a notable cult following, which included artists such as Eric Clapton and Mick Jagger, who both took part in the sessions for that album. This album served as a transition from his Night Tripper voodoo, psychedelic persona to one more closely associated with traditional New Orleans R&B and funk. 1972's Dr. John's Gumbo, an album covering several New Orleans R&B standards with only one original, is considered a cornerstone of New Orleans music. In his 1994 autobiography, Under a Hoodoo Moon, Dr. John writes, "In 1972, I recorded Gumbo, an album that was both a tribute to and my interpretation of the music I had grown up with in New Orleans in the late 1940s and 1950s. I tried to keep a lot of little changes that were characteristic of New Orleans, while working my own funknology on piano and guitar.
Dr. John, The Night Tripper – The Sun, Moon & Herbs. Label: ATCO Records – SD 33-362. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Richmond Pressing, Gatefold.
After The Sun, Moon & Herbs he brought out the album Dr John’s Gumbo (1972), conceived as a tribute to New Orleans music, particularly the compositions of Professor Longhair. Following the positive reaction to In the Right Place in 1973, his next album, Desitively Bonnaroo (1974), was much less successful and it proved to be his last album with Atco. He moved to United Artists for the live album Hollywood Be Thy Name (1975), which was also received unenthusiastically
Malcolm John Rebennack Jr. better known by his stage name Dr. John, was an American singer and songwriter. His music combined Blues, pop, jazz, Boogie-woogie, and rock and roll. In the late 1960s after the release of his album Gris-Gris, he appeared at the festival of Blues and progressive music. It usually is a live, theatrical stage show inspired by the music show. Rebennack has recorded 30 Studio albums and 9 live albums, as well as thousands of other musicians.
John, the Night Tripper-1971- The Sun, Moon & Herbs . here Ya At Mule. Dr. JOHN, The NIGHT TRIPPER - The Sun, Moon & Herbs (1971) 05. Pots On Fiyo (File Gumbo)- Who I Got To Fall On (If The Pot Get Heavy). D. ohn, the Night Tripper-1971- The Sun, Moon & Herbs . lack John The Conqueror.
Sun Moon & Herbs. The Sun, Moon & Herbs. Exclusively for Prime members. Published on November 19, 2013.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Black John The Conqueror
Alto Saxophone – Graham BondBacking Vocals – Bobby Whitlock, Doris TroyFlute – Kenneth TerroadeHorns – The Memphis HornsPiano – Walter Davis Jr.Saxophone – Chris Mercer
|A2||Where Ya At Mule
Backing Vocals – Bobby Whitlock, Doris TroyBass [Fender] – Carl RadleCongas – Jim GordonHorns – The Memphis HornsSaxophone – Chris MercerTenor Saxophone – Bobby Keys
Bass – Jesse BoyceFlute – Kenneth TerroadeOther [Thanks] – Amy Lee SteinerPercussion – Freeman BrownPiano – Walter Davis Jr.
Bass Guitar – Ron JohnsonDrums – John BoudreauxOrgan – Ronnie BarronSaxophone – Jerry JumonvilleTrumpet – Edward R. HoernerWritten-By – Jesse Hill*, Mac Rebennack
|B2||Pots On Fiyo (Filé Gumbo) / Who I Got To Fall On (If The Pot Get Heavy)
Acoustic Bass – Steve YorkAlto Saxophone – Graham BondCongas – Calvin "Fuzzy" SamuelsFlute – Kenneth TerroadeHorns [2nd Half] – The Memphis HornsPercussion – Freeman BrownPiano – Walter Davis Jr.Trumpet – Jim Price
|B3||Zu Zu Mamou
Acoustic Bass – Steve YorkBacking Vocals – Doris TroyFlute – Kenneth TerroadePercussion – Freeman Brown, Jesse Boyce
Alto Saxophone – Graham BondBacking Vocals – Bobby Whitlock, Doris TroyBass – Carl RadleCongas – Jim GordonSaxophone – Chris MercerTenor Saxophone – Bobby KeysTrumpet – Jim PriceWritten-By – Jesse Hill*, Mac Rebennack
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Recorded At – Trident Studios
- Pressed By – Record Industry – 17345
- Arranged By – Malcolm Rebennack*
- Backing Vocals – Joni Jonz, Mick Jagger, P.P. Arnold, Shirley Goodman, Tammi Lynn*
- Baritone Saxophone [The Memphis Horns] – James Mitchell
- Design Concept [Concept], Design – John John Millerburg*
- Drums [Trap] – Freddie Staehle
- Edited By, Remix [Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida] – Albhy Galuten, Tom Dowd
- Electric Guitar [Slide] – Eric Clapton
- Engineer [Dimension Recorders, Hollywood, CA] – Judd Phillips* (tracks: B1)
- Engineer [Trident Studios, London] – Roy Thomas Baker
- Management – Grossman - Glotzer*
- Photography By – Gary Burgess
- Producer – Charles Greene , Malcolm Rebennack*
- Remix, Tracking By [Overdub, Criteria Studios] – Howie Albert*, Karl Richardson, Ron Albert
- Rhythm Guitar – Tommy Feronne
- Tenor Saxophone [The Memphis Horns] – Andrew Love, Ed Logan
- Trumpet [Pocket], Organ – Victor Brox
- Trumpet [The Memphis Horns] – Roger Hopps, Wayne Jackson
- Tuba, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Ray Draper
- Vocals, Piano, Organ, Guitar, Vibraphone, Percussion – Dr. John
- Written-By – Malcolm Rebennack*
Notes"...Mac Rebennack alias Dr. John Creaux" on back cover.
Management: Grossman - Glotzer, NY
The inner sleeve has art and song lyrics printed on it.
Original US pressing with color wheel to left of center hole on yellow label.
Pressing plant uncredited, identifed by runout.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 17345 1A MOVLP 1781
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 17345 1B MOVLP 1781
- Barcode: 8719262002623
|SD 33-362||Dr. John, The Night Tripper*||The Sun, Moon & Herbs (LP, Album, Mon)||ATCO Records||SD 33-362||US||1971|
|ATC 9398||Dr. John, The Night Tripper*||The Sun, Moon & Herbs (LP, Album, Gat)||Atlantic||ATC 9398||South Africa||1971|
|SD 33-362||Dr. John, The Night Tripper*||The Sun, Moon & Herbs (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||ATCO Records||SD 33-362||US||Unknown|
|9 ETH33362CLP||Dr. John, The Night Tripper*||The Sun, Moon & Herbs (LP, Album, RE, S/Edition, Col)||8th Records||9 ETH33362CLP||UK & Europe||2018|
|7567-80440-2||Dr. John||The Sun, Moon & Herbs (CD, Album)||ATCO Records||7567-80440-2||Germany||1993|