Joy Division - Still album flac
Style: New Wave, Post-Punk
MP3 album: 1582 mb
FLAC album: 1232 mb
Other formats: MP3 XM MOD TTA VQF RA AA
Still is a compilation album by English rock band Joy Division, consisting of previously released and unreleased studio material and a live recording of Joy Division's last concert, performed at Birmingham University.
Closer is the second and final studio album by English rock band Joy Division, released on 18 July 1980 by Factory Records. Produced by Martin Hannett, it was Joy Division's first posthumous album and was released two months after the suicide of the band's lead singer and lyricist Ian Curtis. The album reached No. 6 on the UK Albums Chart and peaked at No. 3 in New Zealand in September 1981. Closer was also named NME Album of the Year. It was remastered and re-released in 2007.
Still is a compilation album by Joy Division, consisting of previously released and unreleased studio material and a live recording of Joy Division’s last concert, performed at Birmingham University. Another song featured is a cover of The Velvet Underground’s Sister Ray, recorded at The Moonlight Club in London on 2 April 1980. Still is a point of contention among some of the group’s fans, because of the unbalanced recording of the High Hall performance
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English. Still is a compilation album by Joy Division, consisting of previously released and unreleased studio material and a live recording of Joy Division's last concert, performed at Birmingham University.
Considering that the band's many singles weren't properly compiled until much later on Substance, Still makes only partial sense - the studio cuts were mostly outtakes, while the live songs had their own problems. Of the studio takes, only two tracks had seen formal release beforehand - the mesmerizing post-punk meets R&B groove of "Glass" and the searing "Dead Souls," certainly both worthy of even more listens. Beyond that, things were more hit and miss, with strong instrumental performances given to slightly indifferent songs and vice versa
Joy Division, like many of their Manchester peers, were inspired by the DIY anti-ethos of the Sex Pistols; they just didn't know what to do with it at first. So, shaped and prodded by notorious provocateur Hannett (who would turn the heat in the studio down low enough for everyone to see their breath), the group embraced space, ambience, and an imposing austerity.
Joy Division "Still" (1981) album.
Joy Division Still (1981, Full Album - Part 1). Duration: 38:19 File type: mp3. Play online Download. Download Joy Division – Still (1981, Full Album - Part 1). (play).
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||The Sound Of Music||3:53|
|A5||The Only Mistake||4:15|
|B1||Walked In Line||2:46|
|B3||Something Must Break||2:47|
Arranged By – Joy DivisionWritten-By – Cale*, Reed*, Tucker*, Morrison*
|C3||Means To An End||4:01|
|C5||New Dawn Fades||4:01|
|C6||Twenty Four Hours||4:00|
- Mastered At – The Town House
- Published By – Fractured Music
- Published By – Sunbury Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Moonlight Club
- Recorded At – Birmingham University
- Artwork – Grafica Industria
- Engineer – Chris Nagle
- Plated By – EG*
- Producer – Martin Hannett
- Songwriter – Joy Division (tracks: A1 to B4, C1 to D5)
NotesLimited edition in white gatefold sleeve with blue letters. The labels are blue on white. Believed to be one of Factory's Christmas gifts.
Date on label: 1/8/81
Identical to the blue on white 1981 gatefold release here, except that all sides of this release have Eddy Gorecki "EG" matrix runoff stamps, where that release has Gedmal Galvanics "GG" matrix runoff stamps on Side 3 and Side 4.
Sides C and D recorded live at Birmingham University on 1980-05-02. "Sister Ray" recorded live at the Moonlight Club, London on 1980-04-03.
Track C6 unlisted.
A Fractured Music • A Factory Record
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - variation 1): FACT 40 A-1 EG TOWNHOUSE P3
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - variation 1): FACT 40 B1 EG TOWNHOUSE P1
- Matrix / Runout (Side C - variation 1): FACT 40 C1 EG TOWNHOUSE
- Matrix / Runout (Side D - variation 1): FACT 40 D1 EG TOWNHOUSE P1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - variation 2): FACT 40 A-1 EG P2 TOWN HOUSE
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - variation 2): FACT 40 B. EG P1 TOWN HOUSE
- Matrix / Runout (Side C - variation 2): FACT 40 C1 EG P1 TOWN HOUSE
- Matrix / Runout (Side D - variation 2): FACT 40 D1 EG P1 TOWN HOUSE
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side A, all variations): THE CHICKEN WON'T STOP
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side B, all variations): -< -< -< -< -< -<
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side C, all variations): -< -< -< -<
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side D, all variations): THE CHICKEN STOPS HERE
|FACT 40||Joy Division||Still (2xLP, Album, Clo)||Factory||FACT 40||UK||1981|
|RC 3989, RC-3989||Joy Division||Still - Part 2 (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||RC Company, RC Company||RC 3989, RC-3989||Saudi Arabia||Unknown|
|FACT 40||Joy Division||Still (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Clo)||Factory||FACT 40||Italy||1981|
|FACD 40||Joy Division||Still (CD, Album, RE)||Factory||FACD 40||UK||1990|
|Fact 40, 60025||Joy Division||Still (2xLP, Album, RE, RP, Gat)||Factory, Factory||Fact 40, 60025||France||1984|