Ali Farka Toure - The Source album flac
Title: The Source
MP3 album: 1784 mb
FLAC album: 1684 mb
Other formats: RA APE MOD WAV DTS MMF XM
Genre: Blues / Folk and Country
Ali Ibrahim "Ali Farka" Touré (31 October 1939 – 6 March 2006) was a Malian singer and t, and one of the African continent's most internationally renowned musicians. His music is widely regarded as representing a point of intersection of traditional Malian music and its North American cousin, the blues
The Source (Ali Farka Touré album). The Source is an album by Ali Farka Touré. Inchana Massina" – 5:13. Cinquante Six" – 5:31.
The Source by Ali Farka Touré, released 25 June 1993 1. Goye Kur 2. Inchana Massina 3. Roucky 4. Dofana 5. Karaw 6. Hawa Dolo 7. Cinquante Six 8. I Go Ka 9. Yenna 10. Mahini Me Ali's vision opens even further to include a full backing band and further forays into the electric guitar. Taj Mahal, Rory Mcleod and Nitin Sawhney (who contributes tabla on "Inchana Massina") weave into Ali's dense musical tapestry while his philosophical and spiritual perceptions are enhanced by his protégé Afel Bocoum's gentle narration.
His most recent session features his working band backing Toure in a series of impassioned, animated tunes that are done in both his native tongue and English. The similarity between Toure's sparse playing and percussive writing and early blues songs has been noted. What also deserves mention is the cohesive qualities his band have and the way his electric and acoustic playing, with its light, frilly.
The Source (CD, Album, Club). Hannibal Records, World Circuit. The Source (CDr, Album). Best sounding album I bought all year, and excellent packaging as well. Best to get it while you can! Reply Notify me 1 Helpful.
In this album, Mr. Toure exhibits some serious guitar chops across a wide swath of tempos, rhythms and styles. Most important, his seemingly effortless yet complex guitar playing is employed over beautiful compositions, vocal melodies, percussion and singing. The first track, "Goye Kur" is a tour de force with ringing, fluid chorused guitar, a bright bold vocal chant and melody, rumbling and precise calabash percussion and a haunting njarka line that anchors the whole shebang.
|C3||I Go Ka||3:59|
|D3||Takamba (previously unreleased)||4:57|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – World Circuit
- Copyright (c) – World Circuit
- Recorded At – Berry Street Studio
- Recorded At – Cold Storage
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Published By – World Circuit Music
- Remixed At – RAK Studios
- Pressed By – Record Industry – 19728
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Fiddle [Njarka], Percussion – Ali Farka Toure*
- Calabash, Vocals [Chorus] – Hamma Sankare
- Congas, Vocals [Chorus] – Oumar Toure
- Design – iwant design
- Design [Cover] – Big-i
- Engineer [Recording, Mixing] – John Hadden
- Guitar – Rory McCleod* (tracks: 3), Taj Mahal (tracks: 3, 10)
- Liner Notes – Affel Bocoum*
- Mastered By – Geoff Pesche
- Mixed By, Remix [for vinyl] – Jerry Boys
- Percussion – Nana Tsiboe (tracks: 6)
- Photography By – Adrian Arbib, Henriette Kaypers, Jon Mided
- Producer – Ali Farka Toure*
- Producer, Photography By – Nick Gold
- Recorded By – Philippe Bertrand (tracks: 9)
- Sleeve Notes – Afel Bocoum
- Tabla – Nitin Sawney* (tracks: 2)
- Translated By – Andy Morgan, Laetitia Pellegrini
- Vocals – Affel Bocoum*, Affel Bocoum*, Ali Farka Touré
NotesSpecial edition pressed on 180g heavyweight vinyl in a gatefold sleeve with previously unreleased track, 28 pages colour booklet and download card.
The booklet includes previously unpublished photographs and songs notes with lyrics in English, French and original Malian languages.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 056032 309562
- Barcode (Scanned): 5056032309562
- Label Code: 02339
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, machine etched): 19728 1A WCV 030
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, machine etched): 19728 1B WCV 030
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, machine etched): 19728 1C WCV 030
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D, machine etched): 19728 1D WCV 030
|WCD 030||Ali Farka Touré||The Source (CD, Album)||World Circuit||WCD 030||Germany||1992|
|HNCD 1375||Ali Farka Toure*||The Source (CD, Album)||Hannibal Records||HNCD 1375||US||1992|
|HNCD 1375||Ali Farka Toure*||The Source (CD, Album, Club)||Hannibal Records, World Circuit||HNCD 1375||US||Unknown|
|none||Ali Farka Touré||The Source (CDr, Album)||Mali K7 SA||none||Mali||Unknown|
|HNBC 1375||Ali Farka Toure*||The Source (Cass, Album)||Hannibal Records||HNBC 1375||US||1992|