Luciano Berio - Mike Patton - Ictus Ensemble - Laborintus II album flac
Title: Laborintus II
MP3 album: 1744 mb
FLAC album: 1268 mb
Other formats: XM AUD TTA AHX MPC AAC FLAC
Laborintus II is a 2012 album by Belgian orchestra Ictus Ensemble, vocal group Nederlands Kamerkoor and American vocalist Mike Patton. It is a recording of the 1965 work of the same name by Italian composer Luciano Berio, which featured lyrics taken from fellow Italian Edoardo Sanguineti's 1956 poem Laborintus. The performance was recorded live at the 2010 Holland Festival.
FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton, joined by the Brussels-based Ictus Ensemble, pays tribute to pioneering composer Luciano Berio with the July 3 release of "Laborintus II" via Ipecac Recordings. Berio, a groundbreaking Italian composer whose lengthy list of compositions revel in experimentation and intuitively fuse classical, jazz and electronic music, created "Laborintus II" in 1965 to mark the 700th anniversary of Dante's birth. The composition is based on the "Laborintus" poem by Edoardo Sanguineti. Patton, who has continually paid tribute to Italian composers, most recently with his 2011 "Mondo Cane" album, discussed the differences and similarities between Berio, Morricone and Nono in an interview with Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad, " I can listen to Berio and Nono as easily as I can to Morricone but like all modern music of Italy, it is unfortunately marginalized.
Luciano Berio's "Laborintus II" is a poem originally commissioned by France. Its purpose was to celebrate the life of Dante Alighieri: 1965, after all, celebrated the 700 anniversary of his author's birth. Berio's poem was created for three female voices, eight actors, a variety of instruments, and one speaker. For listeners unfamiliar with Mike Patton's work, this album is not a place to start. Instead, I would recommend his work in Faith No More as a good starting point. It should be enough to give you a general idea of what you're in for.
Listen to Laborintus II by Mike Patton, Luciano Berio - a new album (release date: July 24, 2012) @ New Releases No. Captured on this CD is a remarkable performance of Laborintus II, only the third recording released to the public since it was first performed in 1965. Described as a 'music theatre work' by its pioneering composer Luciano Berio (1925-2003), the avant garde piece was commissioned by the national radio agency of France to celebrate the 700-year anniversary of the birth of Dante Alighieri in 1265. Making its world premiere on French radio network ORTF in September 1965, Laborintus II is an edgy audial montage of voices, instrumentation and tape
Laborintus II' is one of the most downright bizarre records you could ever hear. To describe this as music in the traditional sense would be a complete misrepresentation.
Summary: Mike Patton's latest solo album is a tribute to Luciano Berio's Laborintus II, created in 1965 to celebrate the 700th anniversary of the birth of Dante's Alighieri. Record Label: Ipecac.
01. Laborintus II - 1. 02. Laborintus II - 2. 03. Laborintus II - 3. Archive content. Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus Ensemble)/ - . 0. Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus Ensemble)/Berio - Laborintus I. ue - . lac - 15. 5. Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus Ensemble)/scans/ - . Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus Ensemble)/scans/p-19-20. Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus Ensemble)/scans/p-21-22. Berio - Laborintus II (Mike Patton, Ictus.
- Copyright (c) – Ipecac Recordings
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ipecac Recordings
- Manufactured By – Fontana Distribution
- Distributed By – Fontana Distribution
- Published By – Universal Edition
- Recorded At – Holland Festival
- Cello – François Deppe, Geert De Bièvre
- Choir – Nederlands Kamerkoor
- Chorus Master – Klaas Stok
- Clarinet – Carlos Galvez, Dirk Descheemaeker, Dries Tack
- Composed By – Luciano Berio
- Conductor – Georges-Elie Octors
- Double Bass – Géry Cambier
- Edited By – Georges-Elie Octors, Yannick Willox
- Executive-Producer – Lieven Bertels
- Flute – Michael Schmid
- Harp – Jutta Troch, Samia Bousbaïne*
- Libretto By – Edoardo Sanguineti
- Mastered By – Jarek Frankowski
- Mixed By – Jean-Luc Plouvier, Yannick Willox
- Narrator – Mike Patton
- Orchestra – Ictus Ensemble*
- Percussion, Drums – Gerrit Nulens, Michael Weilacher
- Recorded By – Alexandre Fostier
- Soloist – Dirk Descheemaeker, Gerrit Nulens, Géry Cambier, Loïc Dumoulin, Michael Weilacher, Michel Massot
- Trombone – Alain Pire, Michel Massot, Nicolas Villers
- Trumpet – Loïc Dumoulin, Michaël Tambour, Philippe Ranallo
- Voice – Annet Lans, Karin Van Der Poel, Margriet Stok
NotesRecorded live at the Holland Festival on June 18, 2010.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 89230 01332 7
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-813966 1
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L329
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 50D8