Pat Metheny Group - Letter From Home album flac
Title: Letter From Home
Style: Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Latin Jazz
MP3 album: 1881 mb
FLAC album: 1452 mb
Other formats: DMF AAC ADX MOD VOC APE MIDI
Letter from Home is an album by the Pat Metheny Group, released in 1989 by Geffen Records. In 1990, the album won the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Fusion Performance. It was certified gold by the RIAA on July 23, 1998. The album marked the return of Pedro Aznar, who became a member of the Group on the album First Circle. It also featured a reemphasis on increased instrumental diversity and was a huge commercial success, comfortably making the Top 200 album chart at Billboard magazine
Written-By – Pat Metheny. Companies, etc. Pressed By – Sonopress – F-1142. Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass – Steve Rodby. Recorded Spring 1989 at Power Station, NYC Mastered at Masterdisk. Mould SID Code: IFPI 0721. Rights Society: GEMA BIEM.
Metheny has always known the difference between light and lightweight, and even at his most delicate, he avoids entering "Muzak" territory. True to form, the improviser doesn't shy away from making extensive use of technology, but is insightful enough to do so in a very warm and soulful fashion. Like Still Life, Letter from Home is a fine example of a CD that is both a commercial and an artistic success.
CD Geffen Records - 9 24245-2 (1989, US) CD Nonesuch - 7559-79940-2 (2006, Europe) Remastered by Ted Jensen. No release results - showing artist results instead. What's It All About Nonesuch 2011.
This song evokes exactly the longing you'd expect with a letter from home, a bittersweet memory of the happy times left behind and the people you still love awaiting you there. It's a wonderful choice to end the album with. You find yourself wanting to audibly sigh at the end. A perfect end to a beautiful 60 minutes.
Letter from Home is an album by the Pat Metheny Group, released in 1989 by Geffen Records. It also featured a reemphasis on increased instrumental diversity and was a huge commercial success, comfortably making the Top 200 album chart at Billboard magazine. Slip Away" was, as Metheny put it, "extraordinarily successful, one of the most successful individual tunes that we've ever made
Listen free to Pat Metheny Group – Letter From Home (Have You Heard, Every Summer Night and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Connect to this site.
Letter from Home (album). For the orchestral composition, see Aaron Copland. Better Days Ahead" redirects here. For the film, see Better Days Ahead (film). Studio album by Pat Metheny Group. Letter from Home is an album by Pat Metheny Group, released in 1989 by Geffen Records. It picks up where Still Life (Talking) leaves off, continuing to infuse Brazilian elements into jazz.
|1||Have You Heard||6:25|
|2||Every Summer Night||7:13|
|3||Better Days Ahead||3:03|
|4||Spring Ain't Here||6:56|
|8||Dream Of The Return||5:26|
|9||Are We There Yet||7:56|
|12||Letter From Home||2:33|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Metheny Group Productions, Inc.
- Recorded At – DADC
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Manufactured By – Masterdisk
- Bass, Acoustic Bass – Steve Rodby
- Co-producer – Lyle Mays, Steve Rodby
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – David Sholemson
- Drums, Percussion [Caja], Percussion [Additional] – Paul Wertico
- Engineer [Additional] – Roy Hendrickson
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bruce Calder
- Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Twelve-String Guitar, Guitar [Soprano], Tiple, Guitar [Synthesizer], Synthesizer [Synclavier] – Pat Metheny
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Alexander Haas* (tracks: 3, 5, 7, 9 to 11), Rob Eaton (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12)
- Percussion – Armando Marçal
- Piano, Organ, Keyboards, Accordion, Trumpet, Synthesizer [Synclavier] – Lyle Mays
- Producer – Pat Metheny
- Producer [Associate] – David Oakes, Paul Wertico
- Recorded By – Rob Eaton
- Technician [Assistant] – Niki Gatos
- Voice, Acoustic Guitar, Marimba, Vibraphone, Tenor Saxophone, Lute [Charango], Melodica, Panpipes, Percussion [Additional] – Pedro Aznar
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-24245-2 3
- Other (SPARS): DDD
|9 24245-2||Pat Metheny Group||Letter From Home (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||9 24245-2||US||1989|
|none||Pat Metheny Group||Letter From Home (12xFile, FLAC, Album, RE, 24b)||Nonesuch||none||2018|
|9 24245 2||Pat Metheny Group||Letter From Home (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||9 24245 2||Europe||1989|
|M2G 24245||Pat Metheny Group||Letter From Home (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||M2G 24245||Canada||1989|
|M5G 24245||Pat Metheny Group||Letter From Home (Cass, Album)||Geffen Records||M5G 24245||Poland||Unknown|